17 - 19 November, 2020
Day 2 - Thursday 5th March 2020
Scaling Quickly And Sustainably
8:30 am - 8:50 am Conference Registration & Networking Breakfast
8:50 am - 8:55 am Welcome Address
8:55 am - 9:00 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
8:00 am - 9:00 am Rise & Shine Breakfast Workshop: Led by Vinculum
9:00 am - 9:20 am Opening Keynote: Marketing local while going global – How to overcome issues of culture, language, data regulation, and a host of other factors to establish yourself and build a loyal customer base
- How to localise messaging to connect with the audience and motivates them to engage with your brand
- Becoming part of the culture not just exploiting it – How to show local consumers you understand their needs and desires
- How to navigate the nuances of the local language and develop copy that will have the most impact
- How to go about establishing a local marketing presence when entering a new market
- How to put together a data policy that adhers with the local market to align personalisation efforts and market research
- How to manage the multi-channel marketplace in one glance
9:20 am - 9:50 am Keynote Panel: Winning the Chinese customer – How can you make the most out of WeChat, Weibo, artificial intelligence and ‘New Retail’ to expand your business to the world’s largest e-market?
- A market that has its own specific rules and an even more democratic social media approach, how can you meet the needs of this new, hard-to-please target audience? What do you really need to know?
- With high customer standards and opinions that spread like fire on Chinese social media, how can you get these consumers highly engaged and deeply involved? How can you best harness Chinese social media?
- How can you collaborate and communicate your brand identity with your local partner to curate content that’s best for the Chinese consumer?
- How can you create digital activities that are consistent with your brands DNA while also appealing to Chinese customers?
- How can you integrate feedback from followers and customers into a follow-up strategy to interact with these consumers on a deeper and more emotional level?
- The future – How can you best get ready for ‘New Retail’?
Vincenzo CarrieriRegional Director
Claudius NgFounding President
Singapore Chamber of E-commerce
9:50 am - 10:10 am Keynote Panel: The Amazon effect – How can you meet the massive shift in customer expectations at every point of the supply chain to boost customer lifetime value?
- How has ‘the Amazon effect’ disrupted e-commerce logistics?
- How can you view the supply chain in its entirety, to ensure that the process of fulfillment is seamless and efficient?
- How can you gain greater visibility of your entire distribution channel whilst dealing with the growing pressures of selling across channels?
- How can you use a streamlined supply chain process to reach and sell to more customers across various platforms?
- Should you build capabilities in-house or tap the help of a third-party solution provider?
- How can you use smart logistics solutions to get data that can be leveraged to further enhance the overall customer experience?
Jamil KhanEVP Logistics
Lazada Singapore (Alibaba Group)
10:10 am - 10:30 am Morning Networking Break 1
10:30 am - 10:50 am Keynote Client Case Study: How to accelerate your international expansion with cross-border payments
Cross-border eCommerce is more popular than ever before and the opportunity is huge. But in a highly fragmented global landscape, how can businesses optimise online cross-border payments for international expansion? Warren Hayashi is a results oriented payments executive with 18 years of experience leading teams to solve real life business problems, and has worked in both United States and Asia-Pacific. Hear from Warren and one of their retail clients on the key steps to consider for international online expansion and how to set up your payments function and KPI’s to watch out for:
- How to identify markets that are most open to making purchases from international e-commerce sites, and at exporting digital and physical goods
- How to identify the right markets to target depending on your business type and situation
- How to optimize cross-border payments, including factors to consider in choosing local payment methods
- How to maximize approval rates, optimize fraud management, and streamline back-office operations
- What are the key steps to international online expansion, how to set up the payments function and KPI’s?
Stepping Into The “Store” of The Future
10:50 am - 11:10 am Lightening Talk: Completely connected – How to build a powerhouse of experience-driven retail
- How can you offer your consumers experiences they simply can’t get online to bolster your digital strategy
- How can you encourage shoppers to try out your products in energetic, spirited, and, importantly, personalized fashion
- How can you use in-store tech to analyse shopper behaviour and recommend the best products
- How can you use data collected when shoppers are using the in-store equipment to better tailor the experience the next time they come in
- How can you use app in-store to bridge the online offline experience and boost the path to future purchases
- How malls are going to evolve considering the changes on customer behaviour and technology
Pavan PiduguLeader of International Store Operations
Jason OngHead of Customer Relations
Eu Yan Sang
11:10 am - 11:40 am All-Star-Panel: Crafting the store of the future – How can you re-imagine your physical store to create new concepts that go beyond transactions?
- Gain a competitive edge – How can you create compelling reasons for customers to you, browse, be entertained, dine, make things and get creative?
- Technology to help, not hinder – How can you integrate solutions that blend offline and online into a seamless experience, which is easy, convenient, personalised and interactive?
- Make it personal – How can you unlock valuable customer data collected in stores to synch it with online data to make personalisation easier?
- Try before you buy – How can you use AR to preview how an item would look in your home or on your person before you buy?
- Check in, but don’t check out – How can you redefine convenience and raise customer expectations on a seamless shopping experience?
Rakesh KumarDirector, Retail (SEA & Pacific)
Richard MayneSingapore Country Manager
Clare ChanMD & Co-Founder
Her Velvet Vase
Winning In 2020 - 2025
11:40 am - 12:00 pm Keynote: The road to 2025 – How to reinvent your physical and online store and supply chains to meet digital consumer needs
In 2025, the retail store as we know it is dead. The digitization that swept through books, music and travel has blown an equally chill wind through all retail categories. As predicted, one-third of malls have shuttered, and Amazon has passed the 50% mark in its share of e-commerce.
This presentation lays out the key strategies and a potential roadmap for facing the future, including how you can make shopping easier and more convenient in 2025, in part by creating a solid omnichannel foundation. Change can be daunting, but it brings with it enough opportunities for you to move ahead, unfazed by the gloom that pervades much of the traditional sector.
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm VC Fireside Chat: Mapping out the hottest retail investments
This is your chance to get a handle on the next big thing in retail and technology. Where are VC’s investing and why? Hear more about which trends they are bullish about and where they wish they had invested. Our VC speakers will shed light on:
- Discussing what VC’s see as the next big trend in retail and technology
- Exploring the core factors VC’s consider when investing in retail—from top line growth to retention
- Examining why retail investing is less common and which retailers are getting the most VC attention in 2020 and why
Vinnie LauriaManaging Partner
Golden Gate Ventures
Alpha AWC Ventures
Battle Of The Disruptors
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm Shark Tank: Identifying “The Next Best Thing” in retail tech
Hear about the latest and greatest eCommerce innovations from start-up companies pitching their tech in a bid to win first place at eTail Asia. You’ll understand how their tech can translate into revenue for your business as they walk through the technology’s benefits to your business and predict their future success. The ultimate decision is in your hands though, as the audience votes for their favorite. Will you find the next big thing?
Alpha AWC Ventures
Sumit RamchandaniEx Chief Client Officer
Lion & Lion
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm Morning Networking Break 2
Big Ideas Keynote
1:10 pm - 1:40 pm “Out-Of-The-Box” Keynote: Magic of the mind - Witness the impossible, as Tom plants thoughts in the head of unsuspecting audience members or predicts the outcome of decisions made entirely at random
Sometimes also called Mentalism or Magic of the Mind, this style of magic will leave you amazed how the mind reader can possibly know such things. Predictions of the future and seemingly random decisions pre-determined are just some of what you can expect. No thought is safe! Using a combination of psychology and suggestions techniques, combined with conjuring methods, Tom will tell you things he CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW! But don't worry, Tom would never share his secrets, so he won't share your's either. Witness the impossible, as Tom plants thoughts in the head of unsuspecting audience members or predicts the outcome of decisions made entirely at random. Tom's half-hour stage show is like nothing you've ever seen before! There are no dancing show girls or appearing doves. This show will leave you questioning "Is it real, or is it all in my mind?"
Tom WeilMind Reader and Magician
1:40 pm - 2:40 pm Networking Lunch
1:40 pm - 2:40 pm Women in eTail Lunch: How can the retail industry and leading brands attract top female talent and ensure that they rise equitably within their organisation to reach senior leadership roles and are well represented at all levels of management?
Okay ladies, let’s get information. Women have a different journey in their business career than men and in our women only boardroom, you’ll join 15 of your peers to discuss these issues. Be inspired and empowered by an accomplished panel of fierce femmes. With plenty of Q&A time, you’ll cultivate new friendships and discuss the issues that were raised on the panel.
Lazada Singapore (Alibaba Group)
Customer Lifetime Value Mastery
TRACK A: Digital Marketing - Mastering Digital Growth2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study Interactive: Moët Hennessy – Storytelling in the age of new retail, social, and mobile to drive advocacy and conversion
Gavin comes with an extensive eCommerce and digital experience building and developing teams and successfully leading digital transformation programs for market leading and global brands in the UK and Australia. He has also been awarded as the '2017 Digital Leader of the year' at CXO Leaders and the winner of 'Best Data Driven Marketing' at the Mumbrella 360 awards. Join Gavin in this innovative and interactive format, as he shares a best-practice case study on how integrating digital content within the e-retail journey and partnering with suppliers can help drive advocacy and conversion:
- The need to design content that inspires advocacy and the underlying principles that drive this
- Why and how to create content that works in the environment it’s consumed (mobile and social)
- Where and how to weave storytelling into the retail journey in order to build your brand and drive conversion
Gavin MerrimanHead of Digital, ANZ
TRACK A: Digital Marketing - Mastering Digital Growth3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Presentation: From data to action at the speed of retail – How to drive more revenue with less effort
We’re still trying to solve age-old problems within our digital channels that are blocking us from increasing revenue, driving repeat purchases, surfacing products for discovery, etc... Marketing technology must be fundamentally different in order to communicate in ways consumers love and allow brands to grow, starting with your retail data. Join this talk for a fundamentally different perspective on data that the fastest growing retailers are adopting to drive more revenue with less effort.
TRACK A: Digital Marketing - Mastering Digital Growth3:40 pm - 4:10 pm All-Star Panel: Determining the future of digital marketing innovations
Peer into the eTail Crystal ball with us as our featured panelists of digital marketing experts explore:
- How can you adapt digital experiences and adopt tech as the interaction gap continues to shrink between humans and machines?
- How can you stop being data obsessed and become insights driven—building a cohesive strategy?
- Future project planning – how agile can your teams be when listening into the customer?
- How can you overhaul your team structure, tech, and integration for convenient and seamless shopping experiences?
Li ZhiliangAssociate Director, CRM
Shreyansh ModiHead Of Affiliate Marketing
Mayank SinghHead Digital Business, Marketing & Technology
TRACK B: eCommerce - Perfecting Digital Payments2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study Interactive: The next decade in digital payments – How to keep up and cash in on the new world of eCommerce
Ng Aik Phong MD & CEO Fave
Ng Aik Phong MD & CEO Fave
Aik Phong currently heads out Fave’s Singapore business, focusing on growing the FavePay cashless payment and loyalty rewards solution amongst F&B merchants, as well as driving customer adoption of FavePay. He was previously the Head of National Accounts for Groupon APAC, building and driving a regional business unit that generated annual revenues in excess of $50 Million across 6 countries (Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore). Join Aik Phong in this innovative and interactive format, as he shares a best-practice case study, before he challenges you as an audience to find a solution to one of his key unsolved challenges:
- With mobile payments reaching a tipping point in growth, how to provide an anywhere, anytime, safe and secure payment for your consumers
- What can you do to incentivise your customers behavior so that they move from credit cards to mobile payments
- With eCommerce fraud attacks rising up, how to provide safe and secure payment process which is crucial to building consumer trust
- How to embrace technologies like blockchain to fight fraud, boost margins and build brands
Ng Aik PhongMD & CEO
TRACK B: eCommerce - Perfecting Digital Payments3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Presentation: How to offer an optimized payment experience to your customers no matter where they live around the world
- How to handle cross-border payments smoothly and seamlessly for your customers all over the world
- How to optimize your processing systems and enhancing your user payment experience
- How to integrate alternative payment methods seamlessly
- How to minimize frustration for overseas customers by reducing the rate of unnecessary declines
- How to simplify the payment supply chain, reducing the burden of administration around payments
TRACK B: eCommerce - Perfecting Digital Payments3:40 pm - 4:10 pm All-Star Panel: Keeping up with consumer demands – How are alternative payment methods shaping the future of eCommerce?
- The great e-wallet war: and how can banks integrate with wallets?
- Mobile wallets, QR codes & chat banking, what’s next in mobile payments?
- With Chatbanking on Facebook and WhatsApp becoming the norm, will social mobile commerce be the future?
- With the latest emerging trends in mobile payments, will this become a game of who has deeper pockets?
Anil KonidenaCEO & Head of South East Asia
Wendy LiuMD & Co-Founder
Mandy ArbiloRegional Director Partnership & BD
TRACK C: CX Mastering Customer - Engagement & Retention2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study Interactive: How to choose the right business model that delights your customers across every touch point
Lorenzo Peracchione is a digital enthusiast with several years of experience in successfully launching and scaling eCommerce start-ups. He is currently the regional director of mobile commerce for SEA at Sephora, the world’s leading beauty and cosmetics retailer owned by French luxury leader LVMH. Increasing customer lifetime value seems to be the buzz word of the moment but what is it? Why are so many people talking about it and how do you make sure that your customers are experiencing what you as a brand want them to across every touch point? Join this interactive session with Lorenzo for a discussion around:
- How to find your brand’s authenticity and authentic voice - How to deliver your brand’s unique customer experience regardless of the channel
- How to keep your brand human in a world of AI
- The importance of data and the use of human oversight in AI automation
- How to cultivate a loyal customer base and increase customer lifetime value
Lorenzo PeracchioneDirector, eCommerce
Sephora Digital SEA
TRACK C: CX Mastering Customer - Engagement & Retention3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Presentation: How to rethink next generation commerce led by experience to create digital interactions that drive a real ROI
Digital experiences should be not only engaging and magical but also measurable. This session will explore how to create content, optimize it to be audience specific, and analyze your success. Key takeaways will include:
- How to create and managing metadata enriched, re-usable content assets
- How to follow a clear system for versioning and scheduling brand experiences
- How to harness your understanding of your current customers and target audience to create digital experiences that drive a real ROI
TRACK C: CX Mastering Customer - Engagement & Retention3:40 pm - 4:10 pm All-Star Panel: How can you build a customer centric eCommerce store to give your business an edge over the competition?
- Exploring emotional shopping: How can you evoke real emotions with customer communication in-store to build real and lasting relationships with your shoppers?
- How can you best identify and respond to changes in your customer’s behaviour around the shop floor to increase customer engagement?
- Creating customer-centric stores: How can you keep your customer’s needs and behaviours front of mind during the design and maintenance of store formats to forge stronger relationships with your top shoppers?
- What in-store technology do you need to have in-place to make your customer centric store a reality?
Amit Das GuptaVP, Brand & eCommerce, SEA
Ben FlintoffGeneral Manager
Yvonne LimGlobal eCommerce Director
The Kind Friend
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Networking Break 1
Customer Lifetime Value Mastery
TRACK A - Digital Marketing Mastering Digital Growth4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study Interactive: Consumer generated content – How to harness your understanding of your customer base to fine tune your brand messaging to be in sync with those you are targeting and engaging
Roger Yuen CEO & Founder Clozette
Roger Yuen CEO & Founder Clozette
Roger is the CEO of Clozette, the leading visual-centric women social network in Asia that delivers the hottest trends and inspiration in fashion, beauty, and style - all by the community. Roger has also helmed executive management positions in the digital media & technology space like SoftBANK Forums, Ziff-Davis, ZDNet and CNet Networks. His specialty is in Asian market entry strategies, enabled by a global network of influential peers who shares his passion for innovation.
Join us in this innovative and interactive format as Roger discuss ways to harness the power of consumer generated content (CSG) as a powerful form of brand advocacy. Takeaways include techniques for:
- Developing hashtags that encourage consumers to post about their experiences with your products
- Designing “wow” moments through online activations, events, packaging elements, and surprises to inspire photography and reviews
- Featuring consumer generated content on your own channels to elevate the voices of those speaking about you
Roger YuenCEO & Founder
TRACK A - Digital Marketing Mastering Digital Growth5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Fire-Side Chat: Boosting your advertising ROI – How to win the digital ad game and watch your online ROI finally get to where it should be
Digital advertising encompasses an extremely wide range of promotional initiatives. Our digital marketing experts will help you sort through the challenges associated with:
- How can you best target customers through YouTube based on Google searches?
- What content is standing out, and what is just stale?
- How can you ensure your digital marketing is creative and informative to avoiding ad-blocking?
On Target Media
Ayushman ChiranewalaMarketing Head, Fastrack
TRACK B: eCommerce - Future Delivery and Fulfilment4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study Interactive: How to go from automated warehouse logistics to a smart distribution centre with industry 4.0 technology
Sameer is a former McKinsey Partner who currently serves Amazon as Director - Category Management. Join Sameer in this innovative and interactive format, as he shares a best-practice case study, before he challenges you as an audience to find a solution to one of his key unsolved challenges.
- What are the hardware and software components to support an intelligent, connected and optimised smart warehouse?
- The crucial roles of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and IOT in powering the intelligent warehouse
- How to break the bottlenecks in warehouse innovation: performance, cost, and disarray
TRACK B: eCommerce - Future Delivery and Fulfilment5:10 pm - 5:50 pm Fire-Side Chat: Store-to-warehouse - As the demand for large-footprint physical retail space continues to fall, how can you covert your stores into retail fulfillment centers?
- How can you convert your retail stores into mini-fulfillment centers in a more cost-effective way to expand the distribution network?
- How can you make sure you have room to accommodate fulfillment operations? Will you need a special counter for online purchase pick-ups/returns, or space to hold more inventory?
- How can you create new positions to manage online fulfillment?
- How can you make you In-store, online and distribution center inventories integrated and visible to all key stakeholders?
- How can you prevent from pilfering too much store inventory for online orders and losing in-store sales?
TRACK C: CX - Mastering Customer Engagement & Retention4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Case Study Interactive: Keep your customer coming back for more – How to enhance your customer relationships to forge brand loyalty
It costs more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an old one, yet forging brand loyalty can be a tricky process. Desmond Pheh is the co-founder of LivingWear, an essential clothing company, to truly bridge people, planet, profits and impact. As a brand they are focused on bringing simplified & better option for everyday essentials and basics, with a focus on real quality, size fit & data driven methods to provide the most value for their customers and prevent the current major issues faced by the old industry players. In this innovative and interactive session, explore best practices with Desmond on:
- Understanding how and why today’s customers are seeking brand relationships
- Connecting with your customers: assessing data to understand how to engage them long term
- Creating and implementing an effective retention programme - Testing and measuring the effectiveness of your programme and iterating as needed
Desmond PhehCo-Founder & CEO
TRACK C: CX - Mastering Customer Engagement & Retention5:10 pm - 5:50 pm All-Star Panel: How can you improve, personalise and simplify the customer experience, adding value through each journey?
- How can you provide your users with complete flexibility so that they can tailor each journey to suit their needs?
- How does personalization and re-targeting allow you to create a loyal user base?
- How can you strike a balance between using personalisation and re-targeting to foster loyalty without becoming a nuisance?
- Overcoming bottlenecks: How can you proactively anticipate UX challenges in the customer journey and find solutions?
Amit Das GuptaVP, Brand & eCommerce, SEA
Abhimanyu ShekhawatDirector Loyalty & Partnerships
Avis EastealRegional Head Of Consumer
TRACK D: Synergy Workshop - Digital Transformation for Pros2:40 pm - 4:10 pm Synergy Workshop: Digital transformation 2.0 – What skill sets do you need to become the trusted “IT advisor” to the businesses of tomorrow?
Digital transformation doesn’t stop after your end-to-end digital process is in place. As a digital leader, your responsibility is to keep driving your business forward. Ted Hopkins is the founder of Arrow Strategy Consulting that focuses on retail digitalisation and data monetization. In his former role as a Senior Director of Digital Operations for Walmart, Ted led the digital transformation of +400 hypermarkets in China and acquired +40 million Walmart shoppers on the Walmart WeChat mini-program. He comes with more than 10 years of experience leading eCommerce roles in some of the biggest brands in China like Behr Paint and The Home Depot.
Join Ted in this 90min workshop and discuss with your peers on: - What changes have already taken place in your organisation? (i.e. technology, regulatory and legal requirements, products & services, soft skills, project management etc.) - What is your profile (role & responsibilities) today as an IT eCommerce/Digital Marketing leader?
- What changes do we believe will take place over the next 5-10 years? What will our profile/soft skills look like?
- What skill sets and knowledge do we need to acquire to future proof tomorrows
- How can we prepare a development plan for the eCommerce/Digital Marketing Leaders of tomorrow?
TRACK D: Synergy Workshop - Digital Transformation for Pros4:30 pm - 5:35 pm Synergy Workshop: Digital transformation for newbies – How to kick-start your digital innovation efforts across three main challenging areas: people, processes and technology
Brown is the founder of Pitch Media Asia - Asia’s largest Podcast Media House and he is best known for being the Show Host of Asia Tech Podcast, The Podcast Show and Pitchdeck Asia shows spanning 500 episodes across 15 Asian Markets. Throughout his exciting career, he has helped shape the marketing and digital transformation strategy of clients such as UNICEF, MTV, The European Commission, Disney and Monster Energy Drinks, and even participated in the rollout of the world’s first consumer mobile internet services (NTT DoCoMo's iMode) in Japan during the 1990s. Join Graham in this 90-minute hands-on workshop which will take you through a simulated industry scenario, followed by an exercise that allows you to deep dive into typical challenges that companies face. You will learn three straightforward techniques from Graham that you can immediately apply to various difficulties that your organisation faces and learn about additional options to create a digital innovation roadmap.
Graham BrownFounder & Podcast Host
Pitch Media Asia
5:35 pm - 5:40 pm Transition to Main Ballroom
5:35 pm - 5:40 pm Retailer Led Roundtables
Much like the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books you used to read in middle-school, pick the topic that address your biggest challenges and will make the biggest impact on achieving your 2020 priorities. Through facilitated discussion, you’ll tap into the collective expertise of your peers. (Choose 1 topic – 40 mins session)
Table 1: Value and purpose – How can you drive change so that your business is ethical, cruelty free and conscious in every aspect of its operations?
Table 2: The five reasons I would never put my brands on a horizontal marketplace
Table 3: The latest stats for voice commerce – Discussing failures and successes
Table 4: The mall of the future: from brick and mortar to SET: Service, Experience and Technology
Table 5: Effective tools and strategies to detect & tackle fraud in the age of AI
Table 6: How to turn your company into a digital master - Here’s how I built three D2C brands in 12 months
Table 7: Assessing marketing investments that can make or break your business - How to choose the right martech to safeguard the future of your brands
Table 8: Don’t forget the classics – The golden rules for sending effective emails